Friday, April 1, 2011

The big boy potty!


Going potty....
This is something that I hope Eli will start doing soon, and we can "hopefully" be potty trained, or at least mostly trained by the end of this summer....Several months ago I bought a big boy potty seat to put on our toilets to introduce E to the potty.  I have heard that some kids are really scared of the big potty, if they are familiar with little potty chairs.  So...I decided to just start out with the big potty,and go from there.....I am also NOT a fan of having to clean out those nasty little potties, so this was a good solution.....sorry but it's just a personal preference, and I think they are gross!!!  Eli seems to be very receptive to this potty.  We have started out just putting it on his toilet at night, and having him go potty before bath time each day.  He has made it part of his ritual now, and I think he is starting to "understand" a little bit that this is where you go to the bathroom at.  The other day I just happened to have my camera out, and Eli said that he needed to go "potty" so I took him in there, pulled of his diaper and shorts and set him on there, and he went!  Yeah for you little man...I was so excited for him and tried to make a big deal out of it.  He didn't seem to care either way, and was distracted by his book.  All he wanted to do that day was carry that book around, so he insisted on reading it on the potty!  It makes me laugh, typical man on the pot, right?!?!?  :)    

1 comment:

Holly said...

Cute pictures!!

We tried potty training a couple of times before this last one that stuck!

I agree, the little potty was just a mess... and Maddox always liked standing up too.

Even still, if he has to poop-- he stands to tinkle first and then takes care of business!!

Good luck on the potty training adventure... If they are READY-- it is a super easy process... (it took him 10 days to be in underwear at night) but I think it has to be on their time!!

Good luck!!