Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Eli's 2nd Birthday

Eli's 2nd Birthday.... I truly cannot believe it has come and gone so quickly!  It seems like just yesterday my little 6#7oz baby came into this world!  He has grown so fast and is learning so much...Since his bday was so close to Easter this year we had his party a week before his actual bday in hope that more people could come and play.  Here is a pic on the am of his actual birthday, he was in such a great mood after waking up, so I tossed him in the bed with daddy and took a pic!
Now on to the party!  This year it was very hard for me to pick out a theme for #2.  I tossed around many ideas and starting going down a path of a "bug" themed party.  I spent many hours trying to find just the right party favors (thanks to Target dollar spot), and finding some cute recipes for snack food that was along the lines of our theme.  I was really trying hard to make everything cute, but it just didn't seem to all be coming together very easily.  A couple of weeks before the actual party, we went to visit my grandparents in Louisiana, and I guess with lots of relaxation and extra time, I had a revelation!!!  Well actually with my research I found a brand new idea to try for the big day!  I ran it across my mom, and it was on!!!  We both got very excited, and my mom's brain began to work...I do consider myself somewhat creative, but with her help it just exploded into something great! 
Here is the little birthday boy in his cute shirt that my mom made for him to wear on his big day...
The final decision was made, and Eli's 2nd Birthday was themed "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".
My mom did an awesome job with the decorations, and we decided that the food would be everything that the caterpillar ate through in the book.  I think that everything turned our really cute, and was so glad to share it with all of Eli's friends and our family. 

This is the front table that was decorated with a pic of E and a bigger book that everyone could sign and leave E a little note, so he could look back and remember who celebrated with him. 
And here is the final result...

Caterpillar sandwiches...they were a hit!
The cocoon turned out very cute...
...and finally he turned into a very beautiful butterfly...my mom made these cookies from scratch, don't they look professional!
I also decorated the mantel with a baloon caterpillar and the birthday sign that I made from his 1st bday... the colors worked out perfectly.
It was another beautiful spring day, so all the kids enjoyed playing together outside.  Mommy and Daddy got E a sandbox for his birthday.  We set it up before the party so everyone could play and enjoy it. 
Time to open some presents.  He was a lot better at opening his own gifts this year...
2 of his favorite gifts...his fishing pole and new boots
One of the best parts, cupcakes...I had central market make a caterpillar cupcake cake, it turned out cute!  Eli sure did enjoy eating it...
Happy Birthday little man, I love you so much and can't wait to spend many more Birthdays with you.  (Also, thank you mom for everything you did to help out with his party.  We  couldn't have pulled it off without you!)

5 comments:

Melodie said...

that might be the most amazing looking birthday party i've ever seen. no joke. whoa!

Holly said...

oh my gosh, THIS IS AMAZING!!!!

I follow this birthday party blog and you really should submit this party idea... it is incredible!!

icenhower-family said...

Everything looked precious! I love the theme...one of mine and Garrett's favorite books! WE miss you guys and need to get the boys together soon!

The Myers said...

So so cute! So sad that we had to miss it! Such a precious little boy!

The Warren Family said...

Party was adorable.. So creative... Jenn