Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My little chef!

One night when I was trying to make dinner, Eli was sooooo clingy and all he wanted was to be held....as you know, you can't really cook like that!  I thought that I would try to direct him in another way...he could just help mommy!  I have always told Ryan that our children, whether girls or boys would be very well rounded.....they will all know how to fix their cars, do yard work, and of coarse do their laundry and learn how to clean and COOK!  This was a great opprotunity to introduce something new to Eli, and he could help mommy too!  I had him help me with the salads that evening...something that was not to messy, and I knew he was totally capable of putting together.  I set out all of the ingredients with bowls, and with a little direction, he did great! 
Pulling up the chair to get started...
My little chef in action!
Every chef has to test taste his work, right?!?!
Finished product...Good job little man...I can't wait until we get to cook together again!

4 comments:

Melodie said...

what a big boy and helper. so impressed that you took that opportunity. and i'm sure he loved it!

Holly said...

What a great little helper!! Maddox loves to help cook too!

P.S. That salad looks yumm!

icenhower-family said...

So fun...Garrett loves to help in the kitchen!!

Lindsay Anne said...

I just love following your blog, such a cute family! Congrats on #2! :)