Saturday, October 30, 2010

School Days

Well I finally made  it into September with my blogging....YEAH!  This post is from the early in the month.  Eli seemed to be getting a little bored at home, and is such a social little boy, so I thought it was time to start looking for a MDO program for him.  Of coarse it wasn't until August that I started looking so my options were limited.  He doesn't turn 18 months until the end of October so that didn't help me out any also.  I wanted to find something that was 1/2 between my mom's house and ours so that she could benefit from having a few hours one day a week to herself to get some stuff done while E was at school.  We searched and finally decided on a place in Plano, First Baptist Plano...and we loved it!  He goes 2 days a week, Tuesday's and Thursdays from 9-2.  His class was really small to begin with but now has grown and he has lots of new friends!  After we got him signed up I was super excited to get him some new school stuff, a lunch box, backpack, and nap map!  I was also very excited that I had a trip to Canton planned, and was going to look for the perfect school items there!  After looking all day I finally decided on 3 matching items that are brown with orange accents, all embroidered with his name on them.  (forgot to take a pic of them..oops...take my word, they are cute..ha!)  Anywhoo....here are the pics from his first day, it was so much fun to see him so excited about something new! 
A quick pic before daddy left for work   
Trying on his backpack before heading out the door...
Watching veggie tales in the car...such a big boy!
Walking into school
Putting stuff in his cubby.  He walked right into the class that day and didn't even look back!  Eli absolutely loves his school, and teachers, and is always so happy to go.  They are so sweet and always talk about how happy E is!  Makes me glad that I decided to send him.  Thank you God for such a sweet little boy!








No comments: