Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving 09

Since I am a nurse, as you know the hospital NEVER closes, thus we have to take our turns working the holidays. This year I was off for Thanksgiving and I have to work Christmas. I was kinda sad at first, considering that this would be Eli's 1st Christmas, but he will only be 8 months old and really has no clue what is going on. We did put up our Christmas tree and all he knows is that is it something else he can try and eat! HA! Here are some pics from Thanksgiving....we went to Louisiana, as we do for most major holidays to visit with all of my mom's side of the family. Kelly was off and got to drive down from Tennessee to join us for a few days. We had some GREAT food and fun times with family.

The first night that we arrived, my cousin Ross came back from hunting and he got a deer! We all went outside to see! Congrats Ross!
After a long day of traveling..daddy and Eli were so tired!
Thanksgiving AM...he slept well...
Preparing the food...mmmmm! It was so good to eat all that good food for Thanksgiving...too bad I will miss it for Christmas :(
My plate!
After lunch Eli opened his first Christmas present...an ornament, so cute....he was trying really hard to eat the wrapping paper
The weather was so nice the whole week/weekend so we were outside a lot, enjoying fall. I was also practicing with my new camera so Eli was of coarse the test subject...
This is Dora, Granji's donkey, Emily named her...we think she is going to have a baby soon! She was pretty skid dish, but Ryan got an apple and she actually came up to him to eat it! I had to stay pretty far away with the camera not to spook her!
Some more practice pics.....my 2 handsome subjects!
Emily playing with Eli the night before we left...

1 comment:

icenhower-family said...

Eli is a true Ryan mini-me!! Looks like he enjoyed his first Thanksgiving!